Operations Support Specialist – Night Shift Show Details
Continuity Centers, a provider of secure, affordable business continuity and disaster recovery solutions, has opportunities available for Weekend and Night Operations Specialists.
Full-time and Part-time positions available for the following shifts:
- Weekday Night shift: 12:00 AM to 8:00 AM (Monday through Friday)
- Weekend Night shift: 12:00 AM to 8:00 AM (Saturday/Sunday)
Training to occur during day shift for the first week.
We are seeking energetic and hands-on Technology Operations Specialists for the Weekday Night and Weekend Night Shifts. This role will be responsible for the monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting of enterprise-wide disaster recovery systems and related data center infrastructure, ensuring that any issues are addressed and resolved promptly.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Monitor the integrity and performance of on-line systems
- Identify and define issues, perform first-level support resolution and escalate second-level support incidents to engineering
- Assist senior engineers with recovery procedures
- Support and troubleshoot VMware Farm and Windows Server platforms
- Independently follow all procedures and documentation
- Track open customer issues, communicate status to customers
- Provide a professional and timely response to all internal and external requests
- Understand computer backup functions; knowledge of Backup Recovery and Restore applications is a plus
- Participate in the completion of special assignments and projects
- Work with engineering and development to install and test new versions of products.
Work Experience/Skills Required:
- Data Center Operations experience
- Minimum two years’ experience providing technical support for software and hardware
- Strong knowledge of the following operating systems: Windows server 2003, 2008, VMware, Linux
- Experience monitoring networks and using network management tools
- Experience with desktop support and support of client-server hardware platforms
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server software, Windows System Services, Microsoft Exchange/Outlook, Microsoft Active Directory, SharePoint, IIS and/or other industry standard server platform services
- Demonstrated understanding of LAN topology, routers, hubs, switches, firewalls and network protocols and services, including TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, etc. Cisco IOS is a plus.
- Knowledge of following hardware a plus: Dell PowerEdge servers, HP Left hand, NetApp SAN
- Experience with desktop imaging, Ghost solution Suite is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Visio
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on quick problem resolution
- Good phone and email skills, positive customer-centric attitude
- Experience working with vendors to provide equipment maintenance
- Must be able to Rack & Stack servers; able to lift minimum 50lbs
- Ability to work non-traditional work hours, primarily night shifts.
Requires an Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Data Processing or related field or equivalent experience with a minimum of 2-4 years working in a data center environment.
Local Candidates * No Relocation
Please send resume to:
1000 Woodbury Rd
Woodbury, NY 11797